Happy Friday! Today on the blog I am so excited to be sharing a collaboration with Kenra Professional all about the five things you absolutely NEED to get long & strong hair! Literally since I was seven years old I have struggled to get my hair to grow out and it seemed to always stop right at about my collar bone no matter what I did. Like it would just stop (please tell me I'm not the only one this happened to). I tried just about everything on Pinterest before I finally figured out the best thing you could do for your hair - stop washing it.
I know, I know it sounds gross and crazy and why would you ever not want to wash your hair. Seriously try it though, you're going to be amazed.
By stop washing it, I mean stop washing it daily. Without bringing too much science into it, your hair naturally produces healthy oils and when you're washing out those oils every day it causes your hair to become weak and brittle. By washing it every few days you're allowing the oils to nourish your hair aka healthy hair = long and strong hair! I do however realize how gross day two and three hair can be however - and these five necessities will make sure you have that healthy hair before you know it.
- Dry Shampoo // Hands down number one thing on this list. I couldn't imagine trying to go a few days without washes not using dry shampoo. Some of my favorites include Dove and Baptiste, let me know if you have a go-to I should give a try!
- Shower Cap // There is something to be said for a good shower cap. Prior to getting serious about not washing every day I never gave any thought to investing in a shower cap. Now I can't imagine my life (or my shower) without one. I would check your local TJ Maxx or Target for a more affordable option if you're a first time shower cap user - you can find decent quality at a great price. I recently picked up a terry cloth version from Drybar and am super excited to use it.
- Pinch-less hair ties // You know those trendy hair ties without the actual elastic in them? That's what I mean. While I don't find them to be super practical with my hair when I'm trying to actually wear it, these are a major key for me when I'm throwing my hair up running errands or washing my face at night. The strain of an overly tight elastic can not only hurt you with that pinching feeling we all girls know too well, but it can cause serious damage to your hair causing it to break.
- Wet Brush // Back to that key word - damage. Do you ever just look at your hair brush and wonder how that much hair came off of you and onto your brush? I used to be constantly at this point and still sometimes am shocked by just how much hair you loose naturally every day. Ever since I switched over from a paddle brush to a wet brush my hair has been significantly stronger and fuller. While it's designed to be used for wet hair (i.e. detangling when you get out of the shower) I use it daily and swear by it. I was always weary when people recommended it to me, I mean how much can a brush make a difference? Trust me y'all - it's worth the hype.
- Kendra Platinum Revive System // I was so excited at the chance to review this line as I was already a huge fan of the Kenra Blow Dry Spray (it literally dries your hair in half the time = less damage!) I've been using this system for about two months now and my hair has never been stronger. Impressed would be an understatement. It's a five piece system consisting of a shampoo, conditioner, oil, strengthening treatment, and leave in fortifier. I tend to wash my hair twice a week, once using just shampoo, then using the shampoo and conditioner - typically using the treatment once a month on a paper day. I've also found using the leave in fortifier helps to detangle any knots in my hair on days where I only shampoo, and the oil is perfect for any split ends I come across.
You can find the Kenra system here as well as on their social media outlets: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Have you tried the Kenra Revive system? Anything I should add to my list? Let me know!